When searching for the perfect trampoline for you or your kids, there are many factors to consider, the most important of which is finding a model that’s reasonably priced but offers plenty of safety features and a solid frame design.
This is where the Kangaroo Hoppers 15-feet round trampoline comes into play. It is one of the highest rated products on the market right now and for plenty of good reasons. Fortunately, we’ve done most of the legwork for you by researching what this trampoline has to offer while learning what parents had to say regarding performance and quality.
- Kangaroo Hoppers has a reputation for producing decent quality trampolines and accessories, making them a good option if you’re on a tight budget.
- While they can’t quite compete with some of the leading manufacturers in the industry, they do offer well-built trampolines that often come with a few cool features.
- While this trampoline features a pretty basic design, the quality is definitely there if you know what to look for.
- This is apparent to us in the materials they used, the overall design of the trampoline and the fact that they added essential extras that are a must for younger jumpers.
Round Trampoline Rundown and Features
One of the things we really love about Kangaroo Hoppers is their wide variety of color options, which allows you to customize the look of your trampoline. Typically, most companies only produce trampolines in one, maybe two color options, but this manufacturer took it a step further by introducing a wide range of colors to choose from.
This model, in particular, is available in orange, dark green, blue, pink, and apple green. Keep in mind that the price of the trampoline will increase or even decrease based on the color you choose.
Now onto what we found regarding the trampoline’s design.
The trampoline’s large premium springs are rust-resistant and the frame is described as heavy duty and durable, with a reputation for minimal wear and tear over the years. Because the springs are rust-resistant, you can leave your trampoline up year-round, if you live in a part of the country that enjoys mild winters.
- The trampoline’s legs are powder coated and made from galvanized steel. The legs are also curved, which offers more stability and support during use.
- The trampoline’s jumping surface is also UV coated, which will protect it against sun damage.
- You’ll also a find a thick safety pad that covers the springs, which works to prevent potential injuries.
- This model features a total of ninety springs, all designed to ensure a good bounce.
- The springs are corrosion-proof and feature a rust-resistant coating which helps to increase the life of this model.
Typically, when you purchase a trampoline, all you’ll get is the trampoline itself, so it’ll be up to you to find a ladder, cover, and net safety enclosure that’s compatible with your new trampoline and your budget. However, Kangaroo offers some pretty impressive extras with this package, including a UV treated safety net enclosure with the zippered entryway and an L-shaped ladder.
If your yard is not level, it’s important to note that this trampoline does not feature adjustable legs. Your only solution is to contact a contractor or landscape designer to see what they can do to level your yard.
Quick Tip: The weight limit for the Kangaroo Hopper is 250 pounds. However, the manufacturer recommends having one person use the trampoline at a time. The jumper must be within the max weight limit. The minimum age suggested for use is 6 years old.
This model comes with a detailed step-by-step instruction manual that will guide you through the assembly process. The manufacturer states that no tools or drilling is required, which should save you a little assembly time. However, some of the components are a tight fit, which can make putting the trampoline together a lengthy, complicated process.
The safety enclosure is great and works to prevent users from landing outside the trampoline or touching the springs. And we loved that just like the mat, the enclosure is also UV protected.
- Families with more than one child who are looking for a budget-friendly model will be happy with everything the Kangaroo Hopper offers.
- The wide range of color options is a nice touch and one that will allow you to truly customize a gift or match the trampoline to existing décor in your backyard.
Some parents complained that the assembly process is both difficult and lengthy. The entire process will take about two to three hours, and it’s also easily a two or three-man job.
The trampoline’s legs are not adjustable, so if your backyard slopes, this can be a major issue. Because the surface is described as highly responsive over the entire jumping surface, this model should only be used by children of the same age and weight.
The trampoline does not come with a cover, which means if you live in a part of the country that receives quite a bit of rain during the fall and winter months you may need to disassemble it until the weather turns warmer.
Pro Tip: If you’re short on backyard space, parents recommend the Skywalker twelve-foot trampoline, which is available at a comparable price and also received a high parent rating.