Are you on the hunt for a tough, well-made fitness trampoline to liven up your daily exercises? Then Jumpstart has a tough, compact trampoline for you.
JumpSport is a company that has been around since 1996. They offer an extensive line of trampolines and accessories that are priced affordably. While they do offer a wide range to choose from, today we are going to focus on the 250 rebounder style trampoline.
JumpSport Trampoline Overview and Features
The 250 is one of the top selling models of rebounders around. With a large jumping surface, you’ll be able to get in a tough workout without leaving the comfort of your home.
The 250 comes with an extra-wide padded mat and an innovative design that offers a highly responsive bounce. This type of responsive surface won’t cause any undue stress to the joints.
- This package includes a basic workout DVD that is perfect for both beginners and fitness enthusiasts.
- The trampoline’s black frame is powder coated for extra durability.
- This model was created with safety in mind and features a spring-free design that utilizes EurdoLife 2 cords, which offer several benefits.
- The spring-free design is significantly safer than the traditional spring loaded fitness trampolines and eliminates many of the potential dangers and risks of injury.
- The use of cords also provides a more cushioned, smoother bounce.
- Compared to springs, cords are more flexible.
- The rigidity of the springs can make a bounce feel harsh and put unnecessary impact pressure on the knees and joints.
This model also features arched legs, which increases the trampoline’s overall stability, so there’s no fear of the trampoline tipping over during a high-intensity workout.
Pro Tip: The patented Flex Bounce feature is often found on many of JumpSport’s larger trampolines, but they’ve downsized it and incorporated it into this rebounder’s design. Flex Bounce is a feature that allows the user to adjust the firmness and tension of the bounce. This means you’ll be able to customize your jumping experience based on your fitness level and needs.
Working out on this Rebounder
Did you know you can burn a ton of calories just working out on this rebounder for twenty minutes a day, five days a week? The reason working out on this rebounder is so effective is because the body will feel an increased gravitational force at the bottom of each bounce. This is equivalent to three times the user’s body weight.
If you’re a beginner, use the included workout DVD as a guide. Set fitness goals each week, create a schedule and stick with it. If you get tired of one of the workouts, switch to another. If you’re worried about your balance, you can order a side or front support bar until you’re a more confident jumper. Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and wear trainers on the rebounder for improved traction.
We also recommend spending a few minutes stretching before and after a workout, which will help to reduce your chances of muscle and ligament injury. The muscles will shorten as they fatigue during a workout, so by stretching them after, you’ll get them back to their pre-workout position.
More than any other type of exercise, working out on this rebounder can work to significantly increase lymphatic flow. Lymphatic fluid is essential to immune function. 2/3 of the body’s white blood cells that consume parasites, viruses, bacteria, cancer, and even fungi, are found in the lymphatic fluid.
Rebounder workouts also greatly increase detoxification.
- The lymphatic fluid will remove waste and toxins from the body, and because of this, the more lymphatic fluid that flows through the body, the more it works its way through the body, cleansing and detoxifying tissues, organs, and glands.
- The type of cardio workouts included in the DVD exercise videos will not put any unnecessary stress on the back, hips, and knees like running or jogging will.
- The softer, more responsive surface of the rebounder actually works to decrease stress and shock to the joints by as much as ninety percent while still providing you with a killer cardio workout that’s just as beneficial as running.
JumpSport Rebounder Pros and Cons
Pros: If you’re determined to get in shape, and have decided to give trampoline based workouts a try, the included fitness DVD offers the perfect workouts for users of all fitness levels. The workouts are somewhat challenging, so you know you’ll get results.
Pro Tip: Overall, this trampoline is extremely safe thanks to the cord design and thick surface padding, offering users a comfortable and smooth bounce. Because the cord tension and jumping surface are highly adjustable, this trampoline is the perfect option if there is more than one person in the home that will use it.
One of the biggest advantages of the 250 is how quiet it is. Models with metal springs are noisy and emit squeaks with each jump, but thanks to this spring-free design, you won’t make a sound. This is perfect if you enjoy getting in a workout early in the morning or later at night when the kids are in bed.
Compared to other rebounders, the 250 also offers a larger jumping surface, which measures in at 1030 inches. The jumping surface is much larger because of the unique way the trampoline surface covers the elastic supports. The rim of the trampoline comes in at thirty-nine inches.
Cons: Some consumers have reported that the cords snap after several months of use. fortunately, this issue is covered by the included lifetime warranty. The jumping surface may be too small for users over six feet tall.
If a family sized trampoline is more your style, parents recommend the Kangaroo Hoppers fifteen-foot trampoline, which is a great option if you have more than one child.